- Assist in the promotion, monitoring and development of evidence based primary health care services, and monitor the work of others providing services to the population.
- Provide an emergency first line response service in emergency situations daily within the prison environment.
- Maintain clinical credibility in order to remain updated and influence the practice of others.
- Attend meetings associated with your area of responsibility and in the absence of or at the request of the HCC Manager.
- Demonstrate a willingness to develop professionally and contribute to the delivery of the NSFs to the practice population.
- Promote and support multidisciplinary and interagency working throughout the delivery of healthcare, understanding the contribution of others in the wider prison system.
- Assist the primary care Manager in the development, implementation, of policies and standards and procedures.
- Administer medications as prescribed according to NMC guidelines.
- Support the development, implementation, and monitoring of Clinical Governance and quality assurance.
- Support the continuous personal development and training of all healthcare staff.
- Participate in clinical supervision.
- Initiate and participate in research and clinical audit ensure compliance with prison healthcare and NSF standards.
You will have:
- UK Registered Nurse NMC PIN
- Prison clearance and recent experience working within a prison setting
- Diploma level or equivalent
- Evidence of Continued Professional Development